Role of Regional Representative
- The Regional Officers shall serve as liaisons between Caucus members in their Region and State Leadership, and between other similar organizations of their Region and the Fuerzas Unidas Caucus.
- They shall have responsibility for overseeing and organizing their Region’s Caucus members, including direct action, communication, outreach, education, and advocacy for issues, projects and campaigns promoted by the Caucus.
- Ensure regional reps are contacting members in their region on a monthly basis to encourage meeting attendance, involvement in committees and actions and activities in their communities.
- The Regional Officers shall be responsible for assisting the State Elected Officials as needed.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Regular attendance at monthly leadership and membership meetings (First and Third Thursday by zoom, 6-7p.m.)
- Host voter registration, Fuerzas Unidas membership and get out the vote events
- Identify Hispano events, celebrations… where regional rep and other regional members and Fuerzas Unidas membership at large, can establish relationships with community members
- Addmembership to Fuerzas Unidas Caucus and collect dues
- Identify contact list of Hispano focused organizations that already exist in your region and develop partnerships with those organizations
- Identify and develop list of Hispano leaders in your region
- Identify and connect with Hispano candidates running in your region
- Gather and compile issues and concerns identified by Hispanos in your region
- Communicate with DPNM County Chairs in your region on a monthly basis
- Participate in Fuerzas Unidas Committees